Arcanum

Discussion in 'Role Playing Games' started by Aphyosis, Aug 18, 2011.

1. Aphyosis

Aphyosis

Currently stuck 3000km from home with a shitty work laptop. Willing to bet that anything made after 2000 will kill this in a puff of broken vacuum tubes and gears.

Brought along my Arcanum disk, so as someone from the generation of Evil (1992+), im endevouring to make up for my sins with some of the old classics. Is there any mods or patches i should be aware about? The smaller the better considering im using my phones internet connection.

2. Sicblades

Sicblades Staff Member

I'm ashamed to say that I've never played this =(

3. Dead Guy

Dead Guy

I installed my game straight from GoG, and it worked fine so I never bothered with patches or mods. Still haven't finished it though, it's a pretty heavy game. It's good though, I should finish it soon.

4. Buxbaum666

Buxbaum666 Staff Member

Drog's unofficial patch and high resolution patch are to be considered, I guess. Both can be had at http://www.terra-arcanum.com/
    I don't know if they are compatible with the GOG version.

5. Aphyosis

Aphyosis

Thanks Bux,

I actually have a boxed version. I usually buy digitally, but the retail front sometimes has a good deal. Got my Fallouts for 5 bucks, same with this. Got the original Witcher for 10 a while after it was released and it was instantly elevated into one of my favourite games, so it's good to keep a eye out :)

Im quite looking forward to playing it actually. The concept sounds very cool, so i'll have to give you my first impressions Sic.

6. Sicblades

Sicblades Staff Member

I look forward to it :)