Batman - Arkham City.

Discussion in 'Action - FPS' started by Pope Viper, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Pope Viper

Pope Viper Staff Member

I just finished this, and found it enjoyable. Nothing spectacular, but not too bad.

I hate the damn Ra's al Ghul part.

I hope he burns in hell.

Seriously.

2. Yamu

Yamu Staff Member

Coincidentally, I just finished Arkham Asylum a few weeks ago. I'd say it's pretty spectacular in context-- best superhero game I've ever played, hands down. Intuitive controls, lots of options, great blend of stealth and action. Plus, it actually makes you feel like Batman, which has been proven by science to be the worlds strongest anti-depressant, aphrodisiac, and/or religious experience. I like the "Arkhamverse" take on the Batman mythos and the rogue's gallery, too... they seem to draw inspiration from the (Nolan) movies, the comics, and the Animated Series in equal proportion.

Of course, I can't speak authoritatively without having played City. Did the wider-open environment or the changes in gameplay end up hurting the game? (Or am I just more of a frothing Batman groupie than you?)

3. Buxbaum666

Buxbaum666 Staff Member

Arkham City took everything in Arkham Asylumn and made it bigger and more awesome. I didn't mind Ra's al Ghul much. They could've extended the Catwoman parts a bit. (Not those parts, pervert) Expansion, please?

4. Aphyosis

Aphyosis

I think Asylum was better, but only very narrowly. Being able to glide over the city was badass.

Disagree on Catwoman though. I couldn't finish her sections fast enough. Had no desire to play her to begin with and each time i was forced to play her i was reminded why i loathed the previous section.

5. TorontRayne

TorontRayne

Arkham City was my favorite game of 2011, but I had a few nagging complaints.

I wanted to roam the city as Nightwing and Robin.

I hate pointless DLC. A few costumes should have been locked instead of DLC. No fucking unlockable costumes at all? Give at least one or two to the customers for shits sake. I guess the GotY edition is always the way to avoid that but still...

It ended. Seriously. It ended so quick and I wanted more. More games should have this much polish and replay value. I boot the game up sometimes just to play around with the combat. I love the responsiveness of it. So many action games are lacking that fluid motion during the combat sequences.

6. Sicblades

Sicblades Staff Member

Doing the challenges was always fun for me, on both Asylum and City. The combat is pretty badass.