Believe It or Not, We're Back!

Discussion in 'Site Announcements' started by Pope Viper, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Pope Viper

Pope Viper Staff Member

As you might have known LHB has been offline for quite a while. This occurred due to a catastrophic server failure, that essentially killed everything but the drives.

Since incurring a ton of medical bills, between my broken back, the kids, and other financial hits that occurred, I was unable to get enough gear together to bring things back online, until recently.

As of now, the board is running on a mid range server, located at my house. Once a little more cash is in hand, I plan on moving the site to a hosting company, so I won't have to worry about that particular bit of things.

Also, as you may have noticed, we've moved off of the Vbulletin platform. Unfortunately, VB's quality has continued to diminish, along with their lack of development on the 4.0 product, their horrible mismanagement of the alpha quality 5.0 product, I've decided to move to Xenforo. This product was designed, coded, and released in 18 months, by two former major developers of Vbulletin. Unfortunately, development of the product was put on hold while Vbulletin sued Xenforo for various contrived reasons. With the successful completion of the litigation in favor of XF, development is now back on with a vengeance.

While XF does not have many of the features/bloatware of Vbulletin, it's an extremely streamlined, fast, and well coded script.

That being said, I've still got a bunch of clean up to do around here, as well as some modifications I need to get in place.

Hopefully, folks will find this place to their liking, and join us in the revelry and debauchery around here.

Thanks for your patience, and support!

- Jay

2. McRae

McRae Staff Member

No, I don't believe it!

3. PlanHex

PlanHex

The forum is all backwards. Empty X on the main forums means unread posts within, while a filled one means no unread posts within. I'm so confused.

4. McRae

McRae Staff Member

You see : dead forum.

5. Kahgan

Kahgan Staff Member

So whatever happened to this place? Forum is still up but no one is here, what if I go on a spamming spree, what will happen?

6. PlanHex

PlanHex

This post is ironic, because the forum was completely invaded by spambots not soon after. Think there was like 500k-1mil new threads of spam all over the place.
    There's still a few left over too:
    http://www.losthillsbunker.com/foru...to-the-northeast-in-thurs.110223/#post-139913
    http://www.losthillsbunker.com/forum/index.php?threads/f1-2010.1188/#post-121636
    http://www.losthillsbunker.com/forum/index.php?threads/stunts.1116/#post-121632

7. Pope Viper

Pope Viper Staff Member

Thanks, man. Yeah, it took me a while to clean this place up. Unfortunately, my father-in-law passed away 2.5 weeks ago, so we've been in a pretty confused state around the house.

I'll get those cleaned up. We should get this place going again.

8. PlanHex

PlanHex

Sorry to hear about the father-in-law :(
    Best wishes, hope you guys are doing well under the circumstances

9. Pope Viper

Pope Viper Staff Member

Thanks , man. It's been rough, that's for sure.