F1 2010

Discussion in 'Simulations' started by Dead Guy, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Dead Guy

Dead Guy

F1 2010 is being developed by Codemasters. Here's some info at the official F1 homepage. It launches September 24 for the PC and ye olde consoles.

I wonder if I'll buy a steering wheel for this. I'm a bit concerned about getting my ass handed to me by the car since I suspect it will be next to impossible to drive initially. Maybe I'll play Kamui Kobayashi and bin it every race. Something to still my craving for F1 during the off season anyway perhaps.

2. Sicblades

Sicblades Staff Member

God yes - this is going to fucking rock.

The full sim mode is scary as shit but god damn - I can't wait. My goal is to take out as many people as possible at the first corner, since clearly trying to drive one of those in sim mode must be near impossible.

3. Sicblades

Sicblades Staff Member

Why isn't there a both option on the poll?

4. Aphyosis

Aphyosis

I'm not much of a racing game enthusiast myself but i think i'll buy this one because i applaud the thought that's gone into it.

5. Dead Guy

Dead Guy

[quote name='Sicblades' timestamp='1282015037' post='28992']

Why isn't there a both option on the poll?

[/quote]

I allowed users to vote for both options instead, never made a poll before so I didn't know how it would turn out. I don't know the logic behind it but when I voted for both at the same time, both options got 50% of the votes. Correct, but also wrong.

6. Sicblades

Sicblades Staff Member

[quote name='Aphyosis' timestamp='1282021378' post='28994']

I'm not much of a racing game enthusiast myself but i think i'll buy this one because i applaud the thought that's gone into it.

[/quote]

Yeah this game seems like it's really well thought out and built. I just hope it's a good racing sim at the end of the day. Driving with all the aids for just pick up and go people will be fun but getting the sim mode pinned down would be such a nice challenge.

7. Pope Viper

Pope Viper Staff Member

Can I put chain guns on my car?

8. Aphyosis

Aphyosis

Agreed. Having watched some interviews with the developers as well, i gotta respect how well it's thought out. For such a deceptively simple concept (Cars go around the track) they've sure packed in realism to make it as simmish as possible. Stuff like torn fenders causing drag and puddles cooling tires is attention to detail I've rarely seen before.

9. Sicblades

Sicblades Staff Member

How are you liking this Dead Guy?

10. Dead Guy

Dead Guy

Haven't had the time to try it out yet! I'm picking up a steering wheel soon though, probably during the sales post-holidays.

11. Sicblades

Sicblades Staff Member

Dude, Monaco is fucking impossible. I made it into Q2 but I'm 2s off the pace. If I try to push harder I end up in the barriers...

12. Dead Guy

Dead Guy

I still haven't bought a steering wheel and my old PS1 controller pulls to the left in analog. F1 is currently one of those on-hold games in steam for me, there are just too many of them!

But yeah, I can imagine it's pretty unforgiving!